Thursday, October 9, 2008

Who matters??

The other day I was listening to the song Laree Chooti from the movie Ek Chaalis Ki Last Local sitting on my office desk (I cannot live without music even during my office hours!!!) and I went in past to recall the incidents of my life in last one month. Things have changed tremendously in the past 30 days. Lot of equations has changed.
The friends whom I thought were truly mine in fact were not so. Once again I made mistake. To be honest, mistakes. Lots of them. Today I have to think thousand times before calling them. Would they like it? Am I disturbing them in their so-called overloaded busy schedules? Few days back my subconscious asked me a question, “Why are you so bothered coz of this? Who are the people who matter to you the most?”
Probably right to some extent. The people who matter to me the most are happy with me. They are proud of me. It’s their efforts coz which I am what I am today. It was all their sacrifices coz of which I have reached at the stage which I never dreamt of. Mom gets worried if I don’t call her for two days in succession. She won’t bother for the phone bill even while calling from Dad’s cell to my cell which costs like a height with a country so rare like France. Krutika is ready with her stories of two days when I talk to her. Dad may not say anything but I know he has the world of things to tell me. Perhaps I never bothered to know him when I was in India since I was too much occupied with my own stuff. Now it’s the time. Better late then never.
Besides them, there are so many people who would be so happy to know about me and would love to talk to me. Not that others won’t, but there is a list of people who has played a significant role in my life and I would be indebted to them for my life. Jigneshfua, Bhartifoi, Kalpanafoi, Atulfua, Kiranmasa, Vivek Sir, Monika Madam. These people have taught me lot of things in my life and no matter to what heights of success I reach, I can never better them.
But then why do I get so bothered when my friends turned their backs to me? Does it matter so much? Not like I don’t have a history of betrayals. During engineering as well I wasted my time, money and everything possible on the people who did not care for me at all while I kept distant from people who mattered the most. Wrong selection of friends? May be. Or may be it’s just a part of life. You are ought to make mistakes. What matters is how much you learn from your mistakes and do not repeat them in future. And I have a history of learning (although very little) from my own mistakes rather then from others.
So, now I have decided to be the least attached to the people who are does not matter me the most. The moment I involve emotions into my friendship, expectations increase and spoil the friendship. And I cannot afford to spoil my precious life moments on this. Perhaps what should matter to a person the most is his own happiness till its not detrimental to the people around him/her. I know who matters me the most. Is non-attachment the key to happiness??? I don’t know but would definitely like to give it a shot.

No comments: