Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My mom....

Today I called up my other mom, my Kalpanafoi (or bua as they call in Hindi). She was so happy to hear my voice after a long long time. Although she was not able to express her joy in words but her voice told me everything. I asked her about her mother-in-law who again was very nice women at heart and considered me just like her grand son. She was hospitalized when she fell down in her house and was injured because of that. She was discharged only few days back and so I phoned in order to ask for her (mother-in-law) well being and also to talk to Kalpanafoi since it had been a long time since I talked to her last time.
She asked me regarding my internship and how am I staying over here in Paris. She was happy to know that I am doing well and planning to come back India in January. Dad has always been a topic of discussion since she has always been the most compassionate and considerate to Dad’s health and his life. She was describing how happy Dad was ever since he knew that I have started my internship finally and that I have started earning on my own. He was happy that I realized his dreams into reality.
Dad sacrificed his life for his family. While he was doing his M.Sc. in Zoology after completing B.Sc, he got a government job. At that time the financial condition of the family was not so well and the elder brother, Bipin bapuji, was pursuing his masters after Mechanical Engineering while the younger brother, Nitinkaka, was still studying. Also getting a government job in those times was considered as a fortune. Finally he dropped his M.Sc and started with job to assist the family to come out of financial troubles. However, he always had that grudge of not able to do what he wanted. So he wanted me to realize the dreams he saw for himself. Even though my family was not doing that well financially, he never let those financial devils touch my career. He has played a big hidden role in whatever I am today.
After discussing about Dad and later on the most obvious person, Krutika (since she is in the Kurukshetra fighting the Mahabharat of 10th standard), she repeatedly told me to hang up as she was worried about my phone bill. I told her to relax and not to worry since the call is very cheap and also that it’s not that often that I talk to her. Actually, I am developing the habit to forget about the bill when I talk to my most beloved people. The time is now that I talk only to the people who matter to me the most and so every penny spent is actually every penny invested for the right cause. And one should never worry if his/her money going for the right cause. Volume just doesn’t matter. Its relationship that is important. I have already wasted a lot of money for the people who did not matter at all and the money was not worth spending on them but now is the time when the right people need right attention in my life.
Sometimes I feel very lucky that I received so much love from my family that I never felt that I have only one parent. Jigneshfua, Bhartifoi, Atulfua, Kalpanafoi, Nitinkaka, Chetnakaki, Kiranmasa, Jignamasi, Mukeshmasa and Parulmasi. These all have always overwhelmed me with their love and care. These are the people who gave me their unconditional love and have been most proud of me. Their joy sees no limits when they talk to me. Their blessings have always been with me, whether or not I take that explicitly. I have always learnt some thing or the other from them. Another person whom I admire very much but unfortunately had a very little opportunity to know about him is Ashishmasa. He is running his family business successfully in Alang (the place which is world’s largest ship breaking yard) and has been through many hardships. He has been one of those people always admired me and motivated me indirectly. He has seen lot of hardships in life but has never let it get revealed to the outside world.
Finally after a short talk (20 mins is short according to my standards), I hung up the phone promising to call up on the weekend to specially talk to Atulfua since he was in the office when I called up and by the time I reach home in the evening, he is asleep there in India. So weekend is the best time to talk.

No comments: