Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Height of co-incidence

The other day, just to add some spice to my boring weekdays, I decided to have a film show on my laptop. Early dinner was the key to the completion of the task which also extended to timely sleep in order to prevent myself from being late to my second home, the next day.
However, it was a rare day for me as everything went according to my planning and finally I sat in front of my lappy to decide which one to see. “Rock On” was my first choice but I could not afford to lose time while waiting for buffering to complete (while I am writing this, “Rock On is getting buffered!!!”). So I ended up with “Welcome to Sajjanpur” which had a better and, more importantly, faster streaming. It was while watching the last part of the movie that I decided to go for a break and discovered that Nitin and Sahil (my housemates and good friends) were also watching the same movie on their laptops. All the three were amazed to know that all of us had been watching the same movie but none of them knew about that.
The next day, I updated my gtalk status message: “Height of co-incidence... Three people watching the same movie at the same time in the same house on their individual laptops and none of them knew about it.....” Sometimes we enclose ourselves in our shells of “computer based life” so much that we don’t even know what’s happening in the next room. We can say it as Height of Ignorance as well!!!

No comments: