The canteen of my company makes some of my most favorite dishes almost every week. This week it happened twice. But unfortunately they add a little thing called meat/beef/ham into eat with makes it uneatable for me. Earlier this week it was pizza once but with small chicken pieces on the top of the melted cheese. I ended up eating rice and vegetables while plunging down into the memories of Uncle Sam’s pizza back in Ahmedabad. I had the opportunity to eat at Pizza Hut once but to everyone’s surprise I didn’t like the pizza as much as that of Uncle Sam’s.
Today it was my favorite burger which reminded me of my best days in Ahmedabad at McDonald’s. Almost everyone, except a few, had the burger in their plate. I went to flashback recalling countless parties and time-killing at McDonald’s during my engineering. The party when I and Dharam got into Cognizant with me, Pranay and Dharam entering the restaurant just when it was about to close. The one when Baba was in Ahmedabad and we spent three hours there with just a Mc Aloo Tikki and conversing on topics ranging from girls to World War 2. The one party with six sigma and discussing the future professional as well as love life of everyone. The evening with my Endeavor A1 batch which again ended up at the same Mc Donald’s. And numerous other occasions which I don’t remember.
Just when I was sailing in the sea of my beautiful history, I saw something absolutely amazing, strange and hilarious in front of my eyes. One of my colleagues (whose name I don’t know coz that guy apparently never bothered to speak English) took a knife in his right hand and fork on the other, cut the piece of hamburger and took it in his mouth. And he ate the entire burger like that. I wanted to laugh out loud but for some reasons avoided this offense. At that time I thought, if these guys come down to India they all would start vomiting when they would see us eating almost everything with our hand. From rice to pizza to burgers.
India is truly amazing and totally different from France (for this matter, from the Rest of the World as well).
Today it was my favorite burger which reminded me of my best days in Ahmedabad at McDonald’s. Almost everyone, except a few, had the burger in their plate. I went to flashback recalling countless parties and time-killing at McDonald’s during my engineering. The party when I and Dharam got into Cognizant with me, Pranay and Dharam entering the restaurant just when it was about to close. The one when Baba was in Ahmedabad and we spent three hours there with just a Mc Aloo Tikki and conversing on topics ranging from girls to World War 2. The one party with six sigma and discussing the future professional as well as love life of everyone. The evening with my Endeavor A1 batch which again ended up at the same Mc Donald’s. And numerous other occasions which I don’t remember.
Just when I was sailing in the sea of my beautiful history, I saw something absolutely amazing, strange and hilarious in front of my eyes. One of my colleagues (whose name I don’t know coz that guy apparently never bothered to speak English) took a knife in his right hand and fork on the other, cut the piece of hamburger and took it in his mouth. And he ate the entire burger like that. I wanted to laugh out loud but for some reasons avoided this offense. At that time I thought, if these guys come down to India they all would start vomiting when they would see us eating almost everything with our hand. From rice to pizza to burgers.
India is truly amazing and totally different from France (for this matter, from the Rest of the World as well).
No comments:
Post a Comment