This Diwali was one of the best Diwalis of my life. Back home is always fun. But it becomes even more fun when you meet all your near and dear ones. And Diwali is the time when you expect everyone to be at home. While I met all the family members back home, meeting friends is always special. Especially the ones with whom you’ve shared your childhood. I was really excited to meet them all. Especially Javed, Anjali, Nirali and Krupali with whom I’ve remained regularly in touch. Unfortunately Chinmay and Anvesh weren’t able to make it otherwise it would have been even more fun. Anjali got added to the non-attendant list later on. We all have spent some of the best time of our lives together at Don Bosco School. The school, where I spent 10 years of my schooling life or I should say 71.42% of my schooling life from 1st standard till 10th.
This time, two great news made me more excited to meet them. First one, Nirali was getting engaged to a guy in the US who was doing his PhD there. Secondly, Anjali was also getting engaged to a guy in Ahmedabad, about to complete his CA. This made me realize how fast the time has passed. Yesterday, you were playing with them in school and today, they have grown up to get married; to dedicate their life to that one person called “husband/wife”. They’ve grown up so much so to take up the responsibilities of their own. So matured in their behavior. Never realized where the time went by!!!
Yesterday, we used to get worried about homework, class tests, terminal and annual examinations and today we are talking about job, marriage, settling down n all. 10 years down the line the topics will change again. What will remain the same would be the strength and the sweetness of the friendship.
No comments:
Post a Comment