It was a repeat night for me as I was still working on my dissertation after getting an extension of two days for submission from my mentor professor. Being a “normal” MBA student, it is impossible for me to concentrate on my work beyond few minutes. So, I was talking to Pranay as we do it daily.
With parallel processing (text chat with Namrata + Pranay + dissertation work) on the way, Pranay suddenly gave me shocking news about his school friend who passed away today. She committed suicide. He was highly upset since she was one of the closest friends of him (I wonder who is not from Daman!!!) and had been in touch since last 17-18 years. Initially aunty thought not to give him this bad news (which I believe wouldn’t have helped) but eventually she thought better to disclose it to him. Already depressed from the job scene in US, this was totally uninvited trauma for Pranay and I would pray this need not happen but reality often defies wishes.
I wonder why that girl took this level of extreme step. This has been so far the second suicide incident in my friend circle after Chaitanya who did the same little more then two years back. Why people do this? Don't they think about their parents, friends, siblings or near and dear ones before terminating their lives? Suicide needs huge amount of guts and unless pushed hard, nobody reaches this extreme. But no reason on earth justifies such suicidal acts. Human life isn’t so cheap. There are so many lives attached to every single life (otherwise we wouldn’t call man a social animal).
My previous post with the same title talked about provocation in positive spirit. But here I question, what provokes people to take such extreme steps?
No comments:
Post a Comment