Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Chaanakyaniti

I guess it’s true that history can provide the mankind, answers to the many questions regarding the present and the future. I realized this while reading Chaanakyaniti. Statement after statement, one realizes the richness of Indian intellect that established the rules of political ethics hundreds of years back but very much functional even in the contemporary politics. Although I have just started with the book, every single word strikes my brain and tries to retrospect to see the consequences if I followed the Chaanakyaniti in a particular incident.
I had a similar experience while watching
Mahabharat as well. Our ancestors laid a rock solid foundation of our culture that even after so many foreign invasions; it is still intact and alive within us. Every statement cited by Lord Krishna in the holy Bhagwat Gita, provides direction to the human life and tells us about the purpose of our life. It gives us the precious knowledge of life cycle and how to break it. It tells us the difference between soul and body. And besides these, lot of invaluable knowledge that western countries didn’t even think of at that time.
These are just two instances. The more one explores the Indian history, the more he comes to know about the rich unexplored heritage India carries that needs no external help from US to solve its problems.

No comments: