It’s been three weeks since I completed my first book that was started as well in
I was aware of the latest release by my favorite Indian author, Chetan Bhagat, but never thought Maa would send me the same in the parcel (the next best thing after Lord Ganesha and Maa Saraswati). I received the book before I completed RDPD and so the book remained in the category of untouchables for some days. Inauguration happened on my way back from
The book is quite different from the earlier two ones in terms of its seriousness and maturity level of the topic. Portrayal of Amdavadi lifestyle in the book makes it more interesting for Gujaratis in general and Amdavadis in particular. The time period selected for the fiction covers all the major mishaps happened in
But while I was reading the book, one of my friends asked me a simple question, “How many mistakes you have made in your life?” Well, that’s like asking Sachin how many runs he has scored through cover drive. The same answer I responded, “I never counted!!!” But that night on my bed, I went to flashback and tried to see if I ever made that degree of mistakes that were portrayed in the book. Perhaps it’s very difficult for me to judge. The level of intellect necessary to analyze these things has not been developed into me. There are still so many questions unanswered to me. Perhaps I will find their answers to the WHY part of the questions in the years to come. Then perhaps I would also be able to write a book ‘n’ Mistakes of My Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment